Tuesday, May 17, 2011

she's a mover


shorts: thrift -- cardigan: thrift -- boots: vintage via Etsy -- top: ModCloth (oh my goodness, it's such an incredible feeling to write that and know that I'm going to be working there in just a couple of weeks! I am the luckiest girl in the world.)

So, not that you can tell given the nasty fluorescent lighting in my room, but I got my roots done and hair re-toned and it looks awesome. My hairstylist is really a champ. She spent three hours dying and cutting my hair, and her hard work really shows. The roots are seamless, and she toned everything to the most lovely blonde--not too ashy, not too yellow, just a lovely wheat color. But, like I said... fluorescent lights.

It's been cloudy and rainy for the last few days, so the weather coupled with this nasty throat bug I have seemed like as good a reason as any to dress up in my version of grungy. To be fair, I spend a lot of time in jeans and a simple top on the weekend, but if I almost never wear that to class.



Anyway... Another crazy-busy week ahead, culminating in a 6AM journey to the airport on Friday to go see my sister's college graduation from Tufts. I'm so proud of her! Here's to getting my homework done on the plane, eh?

I'm thinking of putting a pad of paper and a pencil next to my pillow tonight so I can write down all the hilariously bizarre, utterly nonsensical combinations of words and ideas I come up with after I take my codeine and before I fall asleep. But then I might not ever sleep. Hmm...

I had a really lovely weekend--a nice balance of sleep, friends, food, and, most of all, dancing! What was the highlight of your weekend?

Today's title comes from Big Star -- "She's a Mover."

7 comments:

Georgia Rose said...

I've been meaning to say, congrats on the Modcloth gig! I love your hair too, the blonde is completely perfect.

JennaStevie said...

I love that top! It's soo pretty, looks great with the shorts and the oversized cardigan. Your hair looks so great
xJennaD

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i love the look of denim shorts and tights and boots. love it! your hair as always looks awesome!!!

callie said...

Ok first of all, Tufts?! I can't believe you're going to be soo close to where I live & i'm in Europe! Poo! Oh well, enjoy the trip & happy graduation to your sis. :)

Also, I love your outfit. That shirt is AWESOME. I am so excited for you to start your Modcloth internship!! Seriously that is just SO amazing and I am wicked happy for you. :) xoxo

neongolden said...

lol, your version of grungy looks like what i wear to work when i'm feeling "fashionable."

Unknown said...

LOVE the red cardigan! those shorts fit you perfectly. your hair is looking so cute girl!

xoxo

amy said...

Your weekend sounds beautiful, and I'm hoping you post those hilarious wordings you come up with ^.^


love the top!

sweetness xx
hope to hear from you*!
www.amyflyingakite.com