Monday, September 27, 2010

so much for four feet ten in one sock.

The weather has been really weird in the Bay Area this year. We had a super-rainy spring and a very mild summer. Now, it's sweltering hot. It's going to cool down to the upper 70s this week. Today's forecast was 93 degrees, so I opted for a very summery dress.


dress: thrifted, $6 -- scarf: thrifted, $2 -- shoes: thrifted, $5


sunglasses: from a county fair, $4

I Sue-Lyon-as-Lolita'd it up with my heart shaped sunnies. These are a really good investment for anyone who likes attention. Seriously, I get so many more looks, smiles, and double takes when I wear these than when I wear my Ray Bans.


(Er, um, my legs aren't different sizes. For the record.)


This dress could have used a petticoat to show off the lovely cross-stitch.

After tramping around for miles (literally) in those wedges, I was ready for some comfy shoes before going off to discussion section and work. I'm also really stressed out... You can see it in my face.


Ok, back to scrubbing the counters!

10 comments:

Stacie said...

You rock every damn thing you wear, Girl! Love the red heart sunglasses too. You're right--no way to wear those if you want to be inconspicuous. <3

callie said...

I love those sunglasses and the Berlin tee is super cool too. lookin' good

xx
michal

http://a-north-country-girl.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the looks- and love your little pixie cut
jadore!
xx
http://thehausofblog.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Oh, I love that dress! It's perfectly summery (even though it's technically autumn now). The stitching on it is amazing! You look gorgeous girl :]

Love your blog, definitely going to be following :]

Unknown said...

I LOVE this dress! Love the cross stitch flowers!

Bekka Björke said...

Loving the wedge sandals. :)

Bekka Björke said...

Loving the wedge sandals. :)

Lecon de vetement said...

I LOVE this dress! Love the cross stitch flowers!

The Haus of Mrlik said...

Love the looks- and love your little pixie cut
jadore!
xx
http://thehausofblog.blogspot.com/

Stacie said...

You rock every damn thing you wear, Girl! Love the red heart sunglasses too. You're right--no way to wear those if you want to be inconspicuous. <3